Monday, August 27, 2012

The Fastest Way to Put a Pillowcase On a Pillow

Okay, this is random, but you need to know about it.  Really.  If you don't already know about it, you will thank me someday, I promise, in the middle of the night when your child (or dog or cat?) has just thrown up on his/her pillow and you are changing their sheets.

In light of my recent post about potty-training, I thought I should share that I have been changing more bed sheets than normal lately.  It would drive me crazy to put the pillowcases on the pillows... except!

When I was in college, 2 of my 3 roommates were nursing majors, and the 3rd's mother was an RN.  I was the only one who didn't make my bed with hospital corners.  But those girls taught me this very valuable skill.  In fact, they practiced it for me, so they could pass their tests!  Up 'til then, I always just grabbed a pillow, shoved one end in the pillowcase, and shook and smashed the darn thing until it was in the case.  But my roommates informed me that this was truly barbaric.

If anyone knows how to change a pillowcase, a nurse does.  These ladies failed their "bed making" test if they shook the pillow even once while putting it in the pillowcase.  They convinced me.

I am pleased to present you with my first ever feature-length (just kidding) blog video!  Woo-hoo!  Or just read the text underneath the video.  Also, please know that I do not always sound like Rachel Ray.  I had a lovely case of bronchitis while videoing this.








Here are the crucial steps:

  1. Hold up closed end of pillow case.
  2. With your right hand, grab the middle of the closed end of the pillow case.
  3. Shove your right hand out through the open end and grab the middle of the end of your pillow.
  4. Hold on tight to that pillow!
  5. And "peel" the pillowcase down over the pillow.  
After your first attempt, you will see how you can position your hand along the closed end of the pillowcase so it is perfectly lined up with the seam on the end of the pillow.  This way, you won't have to squirm the pillow around inside to line it up right in the case.

This may sound like a waste of time, or something that really won't help at all or save you any time.  But try it.  Give it a chance.  It truly saves me time and saves me pillow-shaking frustration!

Do you have any goofy, life-changing secrets around your home?  What do you do to save a few seconds on every-day tasks?

Posted at WFMW











3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of another way to put a pillowcase on a pillow. I learned something today:) Your hair is so cute! Sorry you've been sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to broaden your pillow horizons. :) Thanks for the compliment. I'm feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. works great fro duvets + their covers! Blessings!
    http://bit.ly/O1mA7P

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day brighter! Please leave a comment to tell me what you loved and/or hated about this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...