Saturday, January 14, 2012

Homemade Foaming Handsoap

I think I just discovered the easiest, cheapest soap solution known to man: homemade foaming hand soap.  How in the world have I waited so long to do this?

When we moved into our  new house here in Oregon, the previous tenant had thoughtfully left her half-used bottle of scent-y, anti-bacterial-y, way expensive at the mall boutique foaming soap in our bathroom.  Not wanting to waste something free and convenient, we used it up.  And it's been sitting in the bathroom empty for a month, while I've thought to myself, "gee, I need to figure out how to refill this thing," and going in the other room to wash my hands with soap.

Who knew this is the easiest, cheapest problem in the world to fix?

Materials:
One empty foaming hand soap dispenser
1 tbsp. liquid soap
water

Instructions:
  1. Remove dispenser lid.
  2. Add 1 Tbsp (approx.) to dispenser bottle.
  3. Add water to fill bottle most of the way to the top
  4. Stir the mixture up a little with the long pump dealy that reaches to the bottom of the bottle (you know what I mean, right?)
  5. Replace lid and give a little squeal at how cheap and easy that was!!
I probably actually only used about a teaspoon of soap, mixed with water, because my liquid soap is homemade from Kirk's Coconut Castile bar soap, and it's way concentrated.  If you like, you can experiment with how much soap to add in relation to water.  And if you want to learn how to make possibly the cheapest liquid castile soap known to man, check out how I made homemade liquid castille soap from bar soap.

UPDATE: After a few days of use, my hand soap was a little watery, so I went ahead and added a few more tablespoons of my concentrated castile liquid soap.  Problem solved!  And still way cheaper and easier than buying it premade.

Posted at WFMW

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day brighter! Please leave a comment to tell me what you loved and/or hated about this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...